All about Spain. Spanish aloe vera
The production of Aloe Vera or Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis Miller) in Spain started some decades ago in the Canary Islands and after that was introduced in other areas of Spain especially in Andalusia, the Balearic Islands and Levant provinces.
The natural enemies of Aloe Vera are cold weather and excess of water, therefore the Mediterranean coast, Balearic Islands and Canary Islands are the best areas for its cultivation. The soil has to drain well to avoid excess humidity, but it also has to maintain an optimum level of humidity to obtain large harvests.
The main producing centers are located in Andalusia, specifically in the provinces of Cordoba, Sevilla, Huelva and Malaga, as well as in Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, Catalonia, Extremadura, Castilla-La Mancha and Levante provinces. These areas have very good conditions for the growth of highest quality aloe vera.
Spain is the European country with the largest area for aloe vera cultivation and is enough to supply the European market.
The Spanish businessmen of the sector have created Asocialoe (National Association of Aloe Businessmen) grouping together producers, processors and distributors of the sector.
Aloe Vera Español enjoys maximum quality thanks to these characteristics:
- It is produced by an ecological cultivation (without using chemical elements that affect the quality of the plant and thus its properties).
- Aloe vera leaves are processed in nearby industry plants to minimize transport times and guarantee the freshness and properties of the leaves.
- Harvest is at 3 years, which is when aloe vera has all its properties.
To identify the high quality of these products you can check if they have the seal of ecological or natural production, read the label to make sure that the product really includes aloe vera, and look for the % of aloe vera content, which must be over 90 %.
Aloe vera use has a very ancient origin, especially products for topical application related to beauty and skin, but has many other health benefits due to the polysaccharides of their leaves. Some of its properties are:
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory to combat tendonitis, lumbalgia, sprains, strains, blows, etc.
- Immune system reinforcer
- Activator of the circulation and detoxification of the organism.
- Gastroprotective, internal tissues regenerator, digestive, depurative and antiviral.
Aloe Vera also has very beneficial properties for the skin, such as these mentioned below:
- It cleans and moisturizes deeply the skin.
- It eliminates skin spots, especially those caused by the sun.
- It heals burns, eczema and calms the skin after the sun thanks to vitamins A and C which regenerate the skin. It also contains amino acids and anthraquinones with great properties against skin pathologies such as psoriasis.
- It heals wounds, and it is very effective to eliminate scars and other skin marks or expression wrinkles.
- It is a cellular regenerator and combats skin irritations and acne.
- It is an effective anti-aging. Applied regularly, prevents the appearance of wrinkles and reduces existing ones.
- Applied after shaving or waxing, it helps the skin recovering and prevents redness and pimples from appearing.
- It heals irritations caused by diapers.
- It has toning properties and combats tired legs.
- It combats insect bites and irritations for its calming, antibacterial, analgesic and fungicide effect (also removes fungus such as athlete's foot and other viruses). It is effective with vaginal candidiasis.
- It is very beneficial for the skin of dogs, cats or horses. It helps to improve the condition of their skin, control itching, heal injuries on the skin, make hair shine, etc.
Try our 100% natural Aloe Vera products, clicking here, and see a brief description of all of them:
ALOE VERA Body Care line from INSTITUTO ESPAÑOL
- Aloe Vera Shower Gel: protects all family's skin.
- Aloe Vera Moisturizing Milk: used after shaving instantly regenerates many of the broken cells caused by the razor blade, or after waxing, it prevents rashes, pimples and redness, closing pores fast.
- Aloe Vera Deodorant: with a long protection, it is ideal for sensitive skin since it does not contain alcohol.
INSTITUTO ESPAÑOL is a company with over 100 years located in DOÑANA (DOÑANA NATIONAL PARK -Unesco World Heritage Centre, is a natural reserve in Andalucía, southern Spain, in the provinces of Huelva and Sevilla). Instituto Español always respects the environment, making sure not to test on animals, recycling all the materials they use and working with non-profit associations.
All its products are elaborated following the strictest quality controls and dermatologically tested to maintain a healthy skin, without irritation.
ALOE VERA Hand Cream IDC Institute: soothing and moisturizing cream, for dehydrated hands. It restores skin and delays its aging process.
Dishwashing detergent ALOE VERA Balm Mistol: this detergent with its 5.5 PH formula, combines Mistol’s dishwashing efficiency, degreasing power and the multiple Aloe Vera properties to protect and take care of your skin.